#BIGGERTHANTHEGAME VIDEO SWEEPSTAKES
December 18, 2015
Welcome college football fans to the #BiggerThanTheGame Video Sweepstakes hosted by the Football Bowl Association.
This contest will provide a look into the fans’ experiences with the events surrounding the college football bowls. We want fans everywhere to be a part of the fun and excitement of college football bowls. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it provides fans everywhere with a chance to see how each bowl is #BiggerThanTheGame from your unique perspective.
How to enter:
- Create a video with a minimum duration of one minute.
- Post the video to Facebook, tagging College Football Bowls and using #BiggerThanTheGame. You may also post a link to Twitter, tagging @CollegeBowls and using #BiggerThanTheGame.
Note: Only one video entry per person.
- Contest will last from 8 a.m. CT on December 19, 2015 until midnight CT on January 16, 2016.
- Top 10 entries chosen by selection committee.
- Top 10 entries will be posted on College Football Bowls fan page (Facebook) and tweeted from @CollegeBowlsbetween January 24, 2016 and February 15, 2016.
- Entries will be voted on by social media audience. Voting will begin February 1, 2016.
- Entry with the most retweets (Twitter) and shares (Facebook) by February 15, 2016 at 5 p.m. CT will win the contest.
Note: See the bottom of this page for more details on the rules and regulations of the #BiggerThanTheGame Video Sweepstakes.
Tips for Entries:
- Most importantly, be sure to include why the bowl you attended is bigger than just the game. This means you can include footage of all the events surrounding the game and the impact those events have on the community and local economy.
- Be sure to tag @CollegeBowls on Twitter or College Football Bowls on Facebook.
- Include #BiggerThanTheGame and use it as the theme of your video.
- Keep the video appropriate to all audiences.
- Have fun!
#BIGGERTHANTHEGAME VIDEO SWEEPSTAKES RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF the United States WHO ARE THE AGE OF CONSENT IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY.
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins at 8 a.m. CT on December 19, 2015 and ends at midnight CT on January 16, 2016, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”).
- This sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of the United States who are the age of consent in his/her state as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. NCAA athletes are ineligible for participation. This Promotion is void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER. Post a video on Facebook (minimum one (1) minute), tagging College Football Bowls and use #BiggerThanTheGame to highlight how your experience during your trip to a bowl game was “Bigger than Just the Game.” Participants can also enter by posting the link to the video on Twitter, tagging @CollegeBowls and using #BiggerThanTheGame. You do not have to follow College Football Bowls or @CollegeBowls to enter. There can only be one entry per Facebook and Twitter user during the Promotion Period.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. The top 10 entries will be chosen by a selection committee, based on originality, insight and overall quality, and posted on the FBA website. Top 10 entrants will also be posted on the College Football Bowls fan page and tweeted out using the @CollegeBowls between January 24, 2016 and February 15, 2016 for audiences to vote. Voting will begin on February 1, 2016. Top 10 entrants will be notified by a DM from the @CollegeBowls Twitter account or by a message from the College Football Bowls fan page. The story with the most retweets (Twitter) and shares (Facebook) by February 15, 2016 at 5 p.m. CT will win the contest. The winner will be notified by telephone by February 21, 2016.If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within one (1) day from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) grand prize winner. The grand prize is two (2) tickets to the Peach Bowl, a College Football Playoff National Semifinal Game, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA on December 31, 2016. The total approximate retail value (ARV) of the grand prize is $1300.00. Travel and lodging is not included. There will be one (1) second prize winner. The second prize is a $100 (ARV) VISA gift card. The top three (3) finalists, based on votes, will receive a gift bag from the College Football National Championship.
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- CONSENT AND RELEASE.By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
- DISCLAIMERS.(i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Alabama, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the United States and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Alabama. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- WINNER LIST. For the name of the finalists and winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List,“Win When Giveaway”, Football Bowl Association, 10532 Legacy Point Drive, Northport, AL 35475.
- SPONSORSHIP. Football Bowl Association sponsors this Promotion.